Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Bell Tower

The past two weeks have been jam packed with excursions, travel breaks, rehearsals, and class.  Unfortunately, I have not have time to blog about it all...Don't worry, I'll get to it soon enough.  I just HAD to share my expereince today...One of the most majestic buildings in the town is the campanile (the bell tower).  As I mentioned in earlier blogs, the ringing of the bells is one of my favorite sounds in Sansepolcro.  Today, we were all able to witness it first hand!   We climbed the never ending steps up to the top of the tower...I could see all of Sansepolcro when I reached the top.  The view was magnificent!  We all anxiously awaited for the bell ringing team  to begin their work...needless to say, it was loud once they began!  Although it was loud, it was so beautiful.  Here I am in Italy, standing in a campanile, overlooking a beautiful little town, and the Sunday church bells are ringing 6 feet from my head!

Later today we will all play in the Festival del Gelato!  It should be a lot of fun, and maybe we'll even get some free gelato! hehe
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment