Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 6: Mi finestra

As I woke up this morning  the chruch bells could be heard in the near distance chiming 8:00 AM.  You could hear the people stirring in the street and the children's voices ringing as they mad their way to school.    Fabrizio, who works at the small cafe across the street, is greeting all of his customers, and suddenly in the far distance I heard the call of something so familiar: that damn cat who has been in heat all week!  Day and night she hasn't stopped calling out into he streets ! ha
All of  the sounds  of Sansepolcro are mesmerizing...I find myself becoming more Italian everyday becasue I love to listen and look from my window.   I  find myself leaning out to hear the birds chirp, to people watch, and to see the beautiful view.
Hearing the church bells from my window make it feel like home.  In the mornings, at home, I can hear the distance chiming of the country, baptist church bells.  Sansepolcro is the same.


The past two days were spent mostly practicing and going to class.  Last night, Ashlee, Jessie, Emily, and myself were all practicing with the windows open.  You could hear us throughout all of the streets.  This Sunday we will perform at the gelato festival in Sansepolcro!  Playing music in Sansepolcro is surreal...I could have never imagined myself doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment