Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Watch out ya'll! High Maintenance is a comin' to town.

I'll be leaving in less than 48 hours.  Wow. I cannot believe it!  I packed my super outdoorsy mountain pack (courtesy of my friend Liz) for the first time today.  Let me tell you...I look legit.  However, it's a littttle heavy. Okay, way heavy.  But, I can  succesfully run around the house in it.  The pre-trip jitters have already kicked in.  I'm nervous about leaving my parents, my animals, my boyfriend, and everything familiar to me. 

I'm accustomed to spending my summers pool-side or on the beach.   Seersucker, sundresses, wedges and jack rogers  are part of my uniform, and The Avett Brothers or good ol' Carolina Beach music can be heard from  my car.  However, part of this summer will be much, much different.  I'll be trading in my canvas beach tote for a mountain pack and heading to Italy and Switzerland. I'm excited for all of the new sights and people, and especially the food! I'm counting on these next 5 weeks to face me with challenges, laughs, tears, smiles, and new experiences.  Lord Have Mercy...High Maintenance is hittin' Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment